Thursday, May 5, 2011

New flavor Alert! It's Getting Dark in Here...

New flavor Alert! New flavor Alert!

I accidentally stumbled upon a new flavor yesterday when I was pulling together some orders for one of our club houses, Mad Dawg School of Fitness. I delivered the accidental Bites! as the 7pm class was finishing their workout - and they all were the first to taste-test our newest flavor: Loco Cocoa Oscuro. And safe to say, they were a hit!

The Loco Cocoa Oscuro Bites! are a Dark Chocolate version of the original Loco Cocoa Bites! flavor. The ingredients are the same (walnut, coconut, date, fig, cocoa, vanilla, honey) - but the cocoa is DARK. I hadn't realized that the brand of cocoa I usually buy has a Dark Chocolate version, and I inadvertently purchased and used the dark chocolate cocoa. I was very surprised when the batch I prepared yesterday afternoon was significantly darker than any other batch I had made before. The perfectionist that I am, I checked the quality of all of my ingredients and equipment, and of course, the last thing I noticed was the small difference in the cocoa powder label - "DARK." Duh!

I finished preparing the batch of six Baker's Dozens and two Bulk orders, and then set a few samples aside to taste. I was not sure how popular the new Dark flavor would be - I have a pension for Dark Chocolate, but not everyone is a fan. I crossed my fingers and hoped my clients would be satisfied.

Instant hit! If you are a gluten-free gal/guy like me, and miss your mom's brownies - I think I might have a solution for you. And the best thing is, our Mighty Bites! (including our newest Dark flavor) are made from all-natural ingredients that are preservative-free, gluten-free, low-glycemic, soy-free, lactose-free, raw and vegan. We think these Bites! beat any boxed-brownie mix -- we do NOT use corn syrup, vegetable oil, weird powder from a box, or eggs. And our Oscuro Bites! are moist, chocolately, and delicious! We think you will be pleasantly surprised - you might never have a traditional brownie ever again!

Give in to your dark side, order some Loco Cocoa Oscuro Bites! today.

stay healthy! rawr!

No comments:

Post a Comment